COVID-19 Updates • Reviewed June 2022
We continue to adjust our policies in line with the recommendations of the Federal and BC Governments to protect our staff and customers to the best of our ability. Our policies will change, if needed, as the situation unfolds and whenever new information is available.
Please be mindful of others and our staff during these trying times. Thank you for your understanding, patience and support.
We strongly discourage stock piling or hoarding.
Some shortages and delayed deliveries are affecting our inventory stock levels and we may set and remove limits as needed to ensure as much as possible that stock is available for everyone. It is easier on the supply chain if people gradually build up household supplies instead of making large scale purchases all at once. To do this, you can add a few extra items to your grocery cart every time you shop.
What we are doing:
- Increased cleaning protocols with a focus on touch points.
- Limited quantities on some items to ensure availability for everyone.
- Working with staff to restock shelves to keep up with demand.
- Installed plexiglass guards on tills.
What YOU can do:
- Stay home if you are sick. Ask others to shop for you or phone us about our delivery service.
- If you have been vaccinated, it is advisable but not required to wear a mask while in store.
- Practice physical distancing – be respectful of each others’ personal space, remaining two meters apart.
- Wash your hands or use hand sanitizer before entering the store.
- Shop for a week’s worth of groceries at a time, but be mindful of quantities and needs – do not hoard goods.
- Be respectful online and offline – as a community, we need to be supportive of each other.
Need help with grocery shopping and delivery?
Seniors or immune compromised individuals are urged to contact the Sooke Volunteer Society at 250.642.6364 who have volunteers helping with grocery orders and delivery. You can call also visit bc211.ca or call 211 for assistance.
Receive our specials in your inbox every Wednesday